Today on the 7th of March 2019, the Archives of Vojvodina were visited by Mr. Dušan Pavlović, Head of the Department for Researching, Documenting and Memorialization in the Ministry of Justice, Republic Centre for War Crimes Investigation and Searching for Missing Persons of the Republic of Srpska in Banja Luka.
The Republic Centre for Investigating Wars, War Crimes and Searching for Missing Persons conducts professional and other jobs that include the following tasks:
- Researching, gathering, documenting, processing, classifying, presenting and archiving documents and other archival holdings connected to the wars from the 20th century on the territory of the former Yugoslavia, the genocide in the Independent State of Croatia, war crimes, crimes against humanity and value protected by international law, as well as other events on the territory of Bosnia and Hezegovina and the former Yugoslavia, their causes, consequences as well as events that lead up to them or that prevent them.
- Researching key events and crimes from a historical, military, judicial, sociological, political, economic and psychological aspect, as well as other aspects of importance that are needed for an objective view of these events.
- Determining, suggesting and coordinating base aspects of memorialization policy, remembrance culture and memory.
- Professional training for interested and specific groups as well as the public.
- Analyzing crimes, determining the truthfulness of certain events and people as well as of the past and other relevant events, their processing, verifying and determining their value.
- Forming and developing a database and official records about the events and their consequences as well as criminal cases of war crimes.
- Presenting and publishing results of researches and other activities etc…
Future cooperation was established with the Director of the Archives of Vojvodina Dr. Nebojša Kuzmanović, whereby the the cooperation will focus on several topics that are connected to the research of archival holdings.