- The organization of Serbia Day was initiated by a Serbian representative in the USA, Ljubomir Mihajlović, who suggested that the 28th of July, on the fourth anniversary since Austro-Hungary's declaration of war against Serbia, be celebrated in the United States of America as a ''day when two principles came into conflict – the first is to rule another by force, and the second is to secure freedom to all nations''
- The goal: to highlight as much as possible the role of Serbia in the First World War as well as the importance of the Yugoslav question.
- Support from the US senior officials headed by President Woodrow Wilson and State Secretary Robert Lansing. Woodrow Wilson had a positive view of the Serbs, and it is believed that this was the result of his acquaintance with the great scientist Mihajlo Pupin who was his personal friend.
- 27th of July 1918, US State Secretary Robert Lansing sent an invitation to all American citizens, which was published in the New York Times, to gather to their churches on Sunday the 28th of July in order express their sympathy to the ''brave Serbian people''.
On Friday the 20th of September 2019, the International Archival Conference ''12 Archival Days of Subotica'' (12. subotički arhivski dani) was held in the Great Town Hall in Subotica, organized by the Historical Archives of Subotica, on the topic of ''Vital Records (by both Church and State) as Archival Documents'' (Matične knjige (crkvene i državne) kao arhivska građa).
Today on the 17th of September 2019, the Archives of Vojvodina welcomed the representatives and mayors of the Lučenec, Poltar, Đetva, Veliki Krš etc municipalities from the Slovak Republic.
From the 9th of September until the 11th of September 2019, archivists Žužana Mezei and Šarlota Kartag Miladinov took part in the annual conference of Hungarian archivists held in Đula, on the topic of Archives and Administration – the History of Tourism Through Archival Documents.
More Articles ...
- The Archives of Vojvodina Attend the ''Serbian American Relations'' International Scientific Conference
- Representatives of NGOs from Poland, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Serbia in a Visit to the Archives of Vojvodina
- The Director of the Archives of Bosnia and Herzegovina Saša Klepić Visits the Archives of Vojvodina
- ''Culture and Communication'' in the Archives of Vojvodina